KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Don Rogers of Kansas City, Mo., has a life-story that’s different from most men. He told his story on Tuesday on 41 Action News Midday with Cynthia Newsome.
Rogers is a breast cancer survivor. Only 1 percent of all breast cancer cases are men; the other 99 percent are women.
“I never even thought about breast cancer,” Rogers said. “So when I hit my breast against a table and felt a sharp pain, I thought, ‘Oh it’s probably nothing.’”
But Roger’s wife Linda insisted that he go to the hospital and the rest is history.
“The test revealed that I had breast cancer. After a mastectomy of his left breast and 15 lymph nodes, along with chemotherapy, I’m still here,” he said.
Rogers’ story was featured in 2012 in a daily devotional book by Unity called, Daily Word. He loves sharing his story with other men.
“Cancer to me is translated, I can certainly be the child of God I am meant to be, I can certainly overcome any health challenge and I can certainly experience absolute good,” Rogers said.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Lawrence Police believe the body found near 9th and Avalon is that of missing University of Kansas student Gianfranco Villagomez.