You may have seen celebrity Chef Aarón Sánchez in a couple hit Food Network shows - Chopped and Heat Seekers. He's also the chef and owner of Mestizo in Leawood. Now he's helping us celebrate the upcoming Cinco de Mayo festivities with his recipe for Fish Mojo de Ajo, fish with garlic sauce.
Cinco de Mayo at Mestizo
Saturday, May 4
7:00 - 9:00 pm Disco Dick & The Mirrorballs
Sunday, May 5
10:00 am - 3:00 pm Brunch, 6:00 - 9:00 pm Latin dancers
5270 W. 116th Place
Fish Mojo de Ajo
7 oz. Fish of Choice (grouper, tilapia, etc.)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
To taste Kosher Salt
To taste Black Pepper Grind
2 Tbsp. Garlic, fresh Sliced
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
6 oz. Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp. Chipotle Love (see
3 oz. Vegetables
1 Tbsp. Butter
½ Teas Kosher Salt
1 Ea. Lemon Wedge
1 Tsp. Chive Minced
1. In a sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil with the fresh sliced garlic. Stir and Sauté until the garlic is a golden brown - approximately 2 minutes.
2. Add chicken stock and reduce to about ¾ volume.
3. Add chipotle love to the pan and stir. Add al dente vegetables, butter and salt and stir thoroughly.
4. Place olive oil in another sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the fish choice and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the fish is done.
5. On a dinner plate, place the vegetable mixture in the center with the sauce.
6. Place the cooked fish over the vegetables.
7. Lay a lemon wedge next to the fish and garnish with minced chives.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.