Cooper's Hawk on the Country Club Plaza is offering a new brunch menu. Matt McMillin, Cooper's Hawk director of food & beverage operations, joined us in making an incredible Huevos Rancheros dish.
1 tsp. Canola Oil
1/4 cup Red Onion, ½" dice
1/4 cup Green Peppers, ½" dice
2 oz. Chicken Chorizo, cooked
3 oz. Chicken Breast, cooked, cooled and pulled into ½" pieces (Seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper, Ancho Chili Powder and garlic powder and grilled)
1/3 cup Country Potatoes, ¼" diced and fried
1/2 cup Tomato Al Pastor Sauce (see recipe below)
2 large eggs, whole
1 Pinch Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
1 tsp. Clarified Butter
1/4 cup Shredded Jack/Cheddar Blend
1 tbl. Sour Cream
1/4 cup Crispy Tortilla Strips
2 tbl. Pico de Gallo
1/4 of an Avocado, sliced and fanned
Cilantro, sprig garnish
1. Begin by sauteéing the red onion and green peppers with canola oil. Cook for 1 minute.
2. In a small non-stick pan, place the clarified butter and blend, set to med heat and add the two eggs, lightly season with kosher salt and fresh
cracked black pepper, and cook sunny side up.
3. Add the chicken chorizo and chicken breast to the pepper and onions, and saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add the fried potatoes and tomato al pastor sauce, and bring to a simmer.
5. Begin plating by adding the chicken and potato mix to the bottom of the bowl.
6. Sprinkle and top with the shredded cheese blend, followed by a zig zag of sour cream and the tortilla strips.
7. Place the eggs on top of the tortilla strips.
8. Garnish with an even sprinkle of pico de gallo on the whites of the eggs, and finish with sliced avocado, and cilantro sprig
Al Pastor Tomato Sauce
2 Tbl. Canola Oil
2 tsp. Garlic, chopped
1/4 cup Sweet Onions, ¼ ” diced
1/4 cup Poblano Peppers, ½” diced
2 tsp. Chipotle Pepper Puree
1/4 tsp. Cumin
2 pinches Cinnamon
2 cups Chicken Stock
3 cups San Marzano Tomatoes, Crushed by hand
1/4 cup Cilantro, leaves and stems
Kosher Salt to taste
1. Set a sauce pan on a medium heat.
2. Add the oil to the hot pan, and sauté the garlic and onions. Cook until translucent.
3. Add the cumin and cinnamon, and lightly cook the spices with the garlic and onions for an additional minute.
4. Add the poblano and chipotle peppers, and continue to sauté over medium-low heat for an additional minute.
5. Add the chicken stock and tomatoes, Simmer for an additional about 5-10 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
6. Remove the sauce from the heat.
7. Stir in the cilantro.
8. Using a stick blender, blend the sauce until smooth.
9. Season with kosher salt to taste and reserve to make Huevos Rancheros
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.