KANSAS CITY, Mo. - CARAMELIZED SHALLOT BUTTER
Butter, salted 2 Sticks
Shallot, sliced 1/8 inch thick 1 Cup
Butter, Clarified 1 Tbsp
Salt, Kosher 1 tsp
Freshly Cracked Pepper 1 tsp
Fresh Lemon Juice ½ tsp.
White Wine 1 Tbsp
1. Allow the whole butter to soften at room temperature.
2. Warm a sauté pan over high heat. Add the clarified butter, heat to the smoke point, and add the shallots.
3. Caramelize the shallots for two minutes and season with 1 tsp kosher salt.
4. Continue to caramelize the shallots and deglaze with 1 Tbsp of white wine. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
5. Combine shallot mixture and softened butter in a stainless steel mixing bowl and whip to incorporate.
KONA COFFEE RUB
Decaffeinated Kona coffee 1 tsp
Granulated Garlic 1 tsp
Ground black pepper 1 tsp
Seasoning salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Grated parmesan 1 tsp
Dry mustard powder 1 tsp
18 oz Dry Aged Sirloin 1 ea
Coffee Rub 2 Tbsp
Shallot Butter 1 oz
1. Roll the sirloin in the coffee rub pressing upon rub to create a “crust”.
2. Grill the sirloin to the desired temperature being careful not to burn the crust.
3. Brush the sirloin with the butter and allow the sirloin to “rest” for 5 minutes
4. Carve the sirloin from the bone, slice it into 9-10 pieces and place it on large platter
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
The Southern California-based maker of Sriracha says it can't ship any more of its popular hot sauces to food distributors until next month because the state Department of Public Health is now enforcing stricter guidelines.