This year's Super Bowl is in New Orleans, which makes Shrimp Creole the perfect dish for your watch party.
RECIPE: Shrimp Creole
· 1 Tbl. Vegetable Oil
· 4 oz. Red and Yellow Peppers, diced 1/2"
· 2 oz. Yellow Onions, diced 1/4"
· 1 oz. Celery, minced
· 1/2 oz. Green Bell Peppers, 1/4"chopped
· 2 tsps. Garlic, minced
· 10 oz. Shrimp (medium), deveined, tail-off
· 1 tsp. Cajun Spice Blend*
· 2 tsps. Rice Flour
· 4 oz. Roma Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced 1/2"
· 8 oz. Spicy Broth*
· 4 oz. Tasso Sauce* (optional)
· 1 oz. Green Onions, chopped 1/4"
· 8 oz. Steamed White Rice
· 2 tsps. Parsley, fresh, chopped
Serving Size: 2 people
* Recipes for these ingredients are readily available in cookbooks, magazines and on the internet. Spicy broth may be prepared with either chicken or shrimp stock. Tasso broth is best without any added cream in the recipe selected.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
It's not just your home foundation struggling in the wake of the Drought in the Heartland. It's also the foundation of your air conditioning unit.