Kelly Williams, Executive Director and Head Coach at Kansas City Fencing Center, offers her tips for choosing a workout that will work for you.
Over the years she has discovered that people need to consider five factors when deciding to get healthy and exercise:
1. Experiment, try something new. Maybe something you have always wanted to do but never found the time.
2. Choose an activity you enjoy. It will make your workout much more pleasant and you will be more likely to make time for it.
3. Be consistent. Find a buddy to work out with. Accountability is a powerful thing, and that new activity you have wanted to try is a lot less scary with a buddy by your side.
4. One missed workout does not equal failure. Sometimes life gets in the way. Forgive yourself and move on.
5. Set realistic, reachable goals. And, celebrate reaching them.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Web Workouts