NEW YORK - Earth Day 2012 is Sunday, April 22. To celebrate, companies are offering free recycling, coffee and tree planting.
Matthew Cheng, creator of eCoupons.com and EarthDayFreebies.com said "Earth Day Freebies are a great way for businesses to remind customers to recycle electronics and get free products for reusing and reducing. Recycling old electronics is also a requirement in most municipalities."
Here is a list of Earth Day Freebies for 2012:
1. Verizon Wireless will plant a tree if you trade in an old device through April 26.
2. Sprint is offering new and existing Sprint customers credit up to $150 for recycling hundreds of eligible wireless devices, even if its from other carriers. Sprint will also pay for shipping the device.
3. Caribou Coffee is offering free coffee for customers who bring in a reusuable mug on April 22. Caribou Coffee announced that it is the first major U.S. coffeehouse retailer to source all coffees and espresso from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms.
4. Target is giving away a Free Reusable Bag on April 22. Ask for it Customer Service while supplies last.
5. U.S. National Parks has free admission to all 397 National Parks for National Park Week April 21-29.
6. Origins Cosmetics is offering a free wish bracelet with any skin-care purchase and will plant a tree on your behalf.
7. Many local municipalities are holding free electronic waste-recycling events to mark Earth Day. Help the environment by recycling old electronics. It's also the law.
A listing of Earth Day Freebies can be found at www.EarthDayFreebies.com .
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Call For Action Headlines
The Leawood landlord who has been the focus of a Call For Action investigation has been found incompetent to stand trial and must be treated at a state mental hospital.