According to Momsteam.com , a leading resource for information pertaining to concussion safety, all parents have a critical role in recognizing signs and symptoms of brain injury.
Parents need to be proactive in order to minimize the risks that their child will suffer a concussion while playing sports and, more important, is not allowed to return to play too soon.
Mom's Team has published important advice for parents:
* Get educated about the signs and symptoms
* Emphasize dangers of second impact syndrome ( SIS )
* Insist that all coaches are certified athletic trainers
* Make sure team physicians and trainers agree on concussion procedures
* Request all athletes undergo neuropsychological testing
* Call for testing of any athletes who suffer from a concussion
* Insist that NO athlete be allowed to return to same contest or practice after concussion
Have you or someone you know ever suffered a concussion? Leave your comments below.
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The worst of the online glitches, crashes and delays may be over for the problem-plagued government health care website, the Department of Health and Human Services said Sunday.