VIRGINIA - After a Virginia woman was bit by a copperhead snake, it wasn't the bite that hurt her the most, it was what she received afterwards that really stung.
Jules Weiss was walking to her car when a snake bit her, causing her foot to swell and turn blue.
She went straight to the emergency room, but when she got the bill, she realized her life-saving treatment would cost her $55,000.
"I guess they do have some flexibility with it, but I will be looking into getting financial assistance," Weiss said.
Since Weiss doesn't have medical insurance, she's responsible for the entire amount.
The hospital says it costs them $40,000 or more just to stock the anti-venom.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The worst of the online glitches, crashes and delays may be over for the problem-plagued government health care website, the Department of Health and Human Services said Sunday.