LACYGNE, Kan. - The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has issued a boil advisory for the city of LaCygne in Linn County.
Water main breaks has caused pressure to drop in the city’s water supply. When this happens, it is possible for contaminants to enter the system.
Residents should observe the following precautions until further notice.
* Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
* Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic ice-maker.
* Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
* Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
* If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Wildlife officials say that after losing sight of a pod of whales that was stranded in the Florida Everglades, they are ceasing rescue efforts.