KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Kansas City homeowner says his clothes, furniture and other belongings could have been saved from a burning home if there had been a fire hydrant nearby.
John Priest was sound asleep in his house when it caught fire around 2 a.m. Saturday.
This happened in the 2600 block of Stark.
Priest said when firefighters arrived -- they began spraying water from their trucks onto the home.
However, when they lost pressure, the firefighters looked for the closest fire hydrant and found that it was at least a block away.
Priest said the fire started in the grill, which they used last night.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.