KANSAS CITY, Missouri - City officials in Kansas City are telling residents to carefully plan their routes to work Monday.
Heavy rain overnight caused flooding across the area and has closed dozens of roads in and around Kansas City.
Multiple City departments have barricaded several areas throughout the City that are currently experiencing flooding.
Roads currently closed due to flooding are:
- South outer Road (Old Route 40) between McDaniel Road and Route WW east of Bates City
- Red Bridge Road and Blue River Road
- 87th Street at 71 Highway
- Lee Blvd. between the City Park and Mission Road
- Northbound lanes of Tomahawk Creek Parkway between 119th Street andCollege Blvd.
- Algiers Road
- Cockriel Road
- Dicks Creek Road
- Mellon’s Bridge Road
The following roads in Kansas City were closed earlier Monday, but had reopened by 10:30 a.m.
- 103rd Street from Wornall Road to Madison Avenue (103rd Street West of Madison Avenue to State Line is open)
- US 350 and Noland Road
- Lee’s Summit Road and US 50
- 99th Street and Holmes Road
- Blue River Road and US 71
- 99th Street and Fremont Avenue
- Longview Road and Blue Ridge Road
- 8300 block of Oldham Road
- 200 block of West 100th Terrace
- 125th Street and Wornall Road
- 120th Street and Holmes Road
- 103rd Terrace and Grandview Road
- Ward Parkway and Shawnee Mission Parkway
- 87th Steet and Hillcrest Road
- Longview Road and Food Lane
- 118th Street and Food Lane
- Bannister Terrace and Spring Valley Road
- 99th Street and Newton Road
- 99th Street and Locust Street
- Bannister Road and US 71
- 70th Terrace and Ward Parkway
- 83rd Street and Ward Parkway
- 85th Street and US 71
- Blue Parkway and Noland Road
- Blue River Road under I-435 (rock slide)
MoDOT Road Closure Map
Kansas Road Closure Map
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.