JOHNSON COUNTY, Kan. - Drivers in Johnson and Wyandotte Counties should expect major delays and detours this weekend from repairs to the Interstate-635 and Interstate-35 interchange.
Beginning at 6:30 p.m. Friday, the northbound I-635 right lane and shoulder from the northbound I-35 ramp to the southbound I-35 entrance ramp will be closed. It will reopen at 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Starting at 8 p.m. Friday, the following closures will take place:
- Southbound right two lanes and shoulder from Johnson/ Wyandotte county line to Foster Road. Will reopen 5 a.m. Monday.
- Northbound I-635 to northbound I-35 ramp. Detour: Northbound I-635 to westbound Shawnee Drive to southbound I-635 to northbound I-35. Will reopen 5 a.m. Monday.
- Southbound I-35 to northbound I-635 ramp. Detour: Southbound I-35 to eastbound Johnson Drive to northbound I-35 to northbound I-635 (The Antioch Road interchange is also another option for turning around). Will reopen 5 a.m. Monday.
- Merriam Lane to southbound I-35 entrance ramp. Will reopen at 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Foster Road from northbound/southbound US-69 to I-635. Will reopen sometime on Monday, July 23
The southbound I-635 to southbound I-35 ramp will be closed from midnight on Saturday until sometime on July 23, as well. Detour: Southbound I-635/US-69 to westbound Shawnee Mission Parkway to southbound I-35.
Finally, the northbound I-635 left lane and shoulder from Foster Road to the Johnson/ Wyandotte county line will be closed from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, July 15. The northbound I-35 to northbound I-635 ramp will remain open.
On the other side of the state line, both directions of 169 between Wheeler Airport and Route 9 will be shutdown from Friday at midnight until the end of the year.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Organizers say two million people marched in protest against seed giant Monsanto in hundreds of rallies across the U.S. and in over 50 other countries on Saturday.