KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Starting July 1, major changes are coming to Kansas City's bus routes.
The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) is modifying more than 20 Metro and MAX routes, according to a statement released Friday.
According to KCATA, below are some of the biggest changes coming Sunday:
• Main Street MAX increases daytime and weeknight service.
• Troost MAX will offer more frequent weeknight service and will provide weekend service to Bannister & Drury.
• The 31st Street route increases service to provide more trips between Blue Ridge Crossing/Walmart, the East Side, Midtown and Penn Valley Community College.
• 108-Indiana will offer service along Swope Parkway and to the Kansas City Zoo, in addition to its existing service to Downtown and 18th and Vine. This replaces the 53-Armour-Swope Park route.
• 54-Armour-Paseo will add service in south Kansas City along 85th Street, offering connections to Ward Parkway Shopping Center.
• 27-27th Street will add service to the West Side and Downtown.
For more information on other route changes, visit http://www.kcata.org or call 816-221-0660.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The National Weather Service says the tornado that hit Moore, Okla., was a top-of-the-scale EF-5 twister with winds of at least 200 mph.