KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City firefighters rescued a 3-year-old child from a burning apartment Thursday.
The fire broke out just before noon at the Ruskin Place Apartments at 113th and Blue Ridge Boulevard in south Kansas City.
A fire department spokesperson said crews found smoke pouring from the lower level apartment.
Crews went inside and found the child, who was was taken by ambulance to Children's Mercy Hospital.
There currently is no word on the severity of injuries. Fire investigators are trying to find out what sparked the fire.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Neighbors in Olathe were on high alert Friday night after a woman was assaulted in an apartment complex in the 11800 Block of south Shannon Street around midnight on December 6.