Aug. 13 is International Left-Handers’ Day.
According to lefthandersday.com , a group launched the day in 1992 to include world-wide celebrations. The day is most widely celebrated in the United Kingdom, where a number of organizations hold organized events.
Here are five fast facts about lefties, according to lefthandersday.com :
1. Left-handers adjust more readily to seeing under water.
2. Most left-handers draw figures facing to the right.
3. Four out of the original five designers of the Macintosh computer were left-handed.
4. Left-handers excel in tennis, baseball, swimming and fencing
5. One in four Apollo astronauts were left-handed, which is 250 percent higher than normal levels of left-handedness.
Famous south paws include Albert Einstein, Cary Grant, Tom Cruise, Yogi Berra, “Shoeless” Joe Jackson, Judy Garland and Henry Ford.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A growing number of people are calling for Missouri Commissioner of Education Chris Nicastro to resign after e-mails were made public outlining her plan to rebuild KCPS.