Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. OBAMA AIMS TO REASSURE ISRAEL OF US SUPPORT
The president arrives today with visits planned to sacred sites, but also a trip to the West Bank.
2. A BLOODY MESSAGE IN IRAQ
Two died in a car bomb on the 10th anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion, a day after a series of attacks left scores dead.
3. QUESTIONS ABOUT MORTARS IN EXPLOSION THAT KILLED SEVEN MARINES
The Pentagon halted use of the weapons after the accident during a Nevada training exercise.
4. WHAT LOWER-INCOME WORKERS THINK ABOUT THE ECONOMY
An AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research survey says many who earn less than $35,000 view their jobs as a dead end.
5. CYBERATTACK SUSPECTED IN SOUTH KOREA NETWORK CRASH
The computer shutdown at several broadcasters and banks came a day after North Korea blamed the South and U.S. for crippling its network.
6. HOPES DIM FOR AN ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN
Reid decides including the divisive assault weapons provision might block passage of any gun control bill at all.
7. SANFORD'S BID TO RE-ENTER POLITICS ALIVE
The former South Carolina governor advanced to a runoff in the Republican primary for an open congressional seat.
8. TEEN LAUGHS, WEARS `KILLER' SHIRT AT SENTENCING FOR KILLING 3
T.J. Lane gestured obscenely to the families of the students he shot dead in an Ohio school cafeteria before he was given three life terms.
9. ACTIVISTS SEEK CHARGES IN IDITAROD DOG DEATH
PETA wants Alaska prosecutors to file cruelty charges over the death of 5-year-old Dorado, who was buried by drifting snow at a race checkpoint.
10. MEMORIES OF THE 33-GAME STREAK
"The only bad thing about it is we were really too old to be able to sustain it," said Jerry West, whose Lakers hold the record the Miami Heat seeks to break.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The University of Missouri- Kansas City is evacuating a dental school building at 620 E. 25th Street after reports of a “strong odor.”