LEAWOOD, Kan. - Johnson County fire officials are allowing workers back into seven office buildings that were evacuated after a gas leak.
Officials said there was a report of a construction worker hitting a gas line with a machine around 3 p.m. in the 4800 block of W. 136th Street. The line was fixed by 5:30 p.m.
Students and teachers in Primrose School, which sits next to the area of the gas leak, were allowed to stay in the building. Crews checked levels and found no problems in the school, but school officials said an office building next door was evacuated.
A dentist's office in the area said they could smell gas and evacuated voluntarily.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Kansas Neighborhood News
The Kansas Department of Transportation is warning of major delays at a Johnson County highway interchange that will be closed until Friday night.