KANSAS CITY, Kan. - Several family members identified the brother and sister who died from carbon monoxide poisoning after this week's snowstorm.
Alice Oropeza, 69, and Nick Oropeza, 58, were found dead in a home in the 5100 block of Kimball in Kansas City, Kan., early Tuesday evening.
Two dogs in the house also died.
RELATED | Two dead in apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in KCK http://bit.ly/129xrUL
Emergency crews found a gasoline-powered generator running in the basement garage of the home, which had lost electricity.
The victims' family told 41 Action News they were devastated by the deaths, and urged people to not use a generator inside their homes. Deputy Chief Craig Duke with the Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department advised keeping a generator at least 20 feet away from your home.
Stay with KSHB.com for updates.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Kansas Neighborhood News