KANSAS CITY, Kan. - A man and his sister are dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Kansas City, Kan., authorities said.
Authorities were called about 5:30 p.m. to a home in the 5100 block of Kimball on an unspecified medical call, a KCK Fire Department spokesman said.
Emergency crews found the 58-year-old man and his 69-year-old sister dead in the house in separate rooms.
Authorities found a gasoline-powered generator in a basement garage that was being used to power the house because electricity had gone out, the fire department spokesman said.
A firefighter was treated on the scene for high CO levels, but returned to duty without being hospitalized, according to a fire department news release.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Kansas Neighborhood News