OLATHE, Kan. - An Olathe 3rd grader was called a hero on Monday, after he helped put out a kitchen fire in his family's home.
Aidan Kleminger was in the kitchen with his mom when she was cooking supper. A grease fire started in the pan, and as Kleminger's mom and aunt started searching for rags, he told them he knew exactly what to do.
"My mom and aunt said get a rag," Kleminger said. "I just said 'put a lid over it.'"
His mother said he saved the family with his tip. He said he knew just what to do because the Olathe firefighters taught a fire safety program at school.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Kansas Neighborhood News