OLATHE, Kan. - A daycare in Olathe, Kan., was evacuated after a natural gas leak Thursday afternoon.
All of the children are safe.
The leak occurred at 305 E. Dennis Street. Olathe firefighters evacuated the daycare and is closely monitoring a nearby veterinarian office.
Police have blocked off Dennis between Harrison and Chestnut Streets as gas company officials work to repair the leak.
According to the Olathe Fire Department, the leak was caused by underground construction.
Stay with KSHB.com for updates.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.