Olathe, Kan. - A fire at an Olathe duplex caused $100,000 in damage and left seven people displaced.
Around 5:15 p.m., fire crews were called out to the 1500 block of E. Sheridan Drive on reports of a house fire. When they arrived, they located a shed in the rear of the duplex that caught on fire and was producing heavy smoke.
Crews were able to put out the fire, which may have started in an electrical conduit in the exterior of the duplex.
No one was injured in the blaze, though three dogs were also displaced.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Kansas Neighborhood News