HARRISONVILLE, Mo. - Students and staff were evacuated from Harrisonville High School because of the smell of smoke in a classroom, a district spokesperson said.
Children were taken to the nearby Cass Career Center a little before 10 a.m. while fire and other emergency personnel investigated what happened.
A search of the building found no fire, according to the district. The smoky smell was likely caused by some wiring that has been fixed.
Students were moved back into the high school by about 10:45 a.m.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Missouri Neighborhood News
Students got home on time Friday afternoon along the bus route from Plaza Middle School, but the journey to school that morning took almost an hour longer.