INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - A broken collar over a gas line temporarily forced guests at an Independence hotel into the lobby Tuesday night.
Police and fire crews were called to the Quality Inn, 4200 S. Noland Rd., on the smell of gas.
Guest of the hotel, which officials say was about 35 percent rented, were moved to the lobby while the gas company conducts tests for air quality in the rooms.
A Missouri Gas Energy spokesman says tests didn’t detect any abnormal readings inside or outside hotel.
Guests were allowed back in their rooms. Hotel staff were also working with any who wanted to stay elsewhere after the incident.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Missouri Neighborhood News
The father of two boys killed in a house fire in Orrick, Mo., Tuesday struggled to hold back tears as he explained how he awoke to hear his children screaming and seeing his home engulfed in flames.