(KSNT) - One person has died after a house exploded in Horton, Kan., on Friday afternoon.
The blast leveled the single-story home at 1551 NW 2nd Ave.
Homes on either side of it sustained minor damage. Gas officials on the scene early Friday evening said there is not a gas leak in the surrounding areas.
Horton Police Chief Beau Hasenohr said the a closed vent heater malfunction may have caused the explosion, but authorities are still investigating.
Local, county, and state law enforcement responded to the explosion, as well as Kickapoo Fire and Rescue teams.
Fire crews will remain on the scene to keep an eye on any flare-ups that may result from the fire.
Information from KSNT, www.ksnt.com
Latest Kansas News