Kansas City weekend events: 5 fun things to do May 17-19
8:44 AM, May 17, 2013
6:53 PM, May 18, 2013
With warm weather on tap, it will be a great weekend to enjoy our city. Here are five fun things to do in Kansas City this weekend.
1. The Kansas City Symphony The Symphony will perform Mahler, Mozart and Brahm with conductor and pianist Asher Fisch. Performances are Friday through Sunday at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. Friday and Saturday performances are at 8 p.m., while Sunday's performance is at 2 p.m.
2. Rock the Block Fashion Show Head to KC Live! in the Power and Light District for the 4th annual Rock the Block! Fashion Show. Doors open at 8 p.m. on Friday for the show. Tickets range bewteen $20 and $50.
3. 6th Annual Downtown Art Annual The 4th annual Downtown Art Annual is Friday through Sunday in Power and Light. The free event is open to the public and will feature local artists. The art will be on display Friday from 5-9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 12-6 p.m.
4. Dinosaurs Alive at World's of Fun Visitors to World's of Fun can see Dinosaur's come alive all season. Visitors to the park can step back in time with the exhibit. The exhibit is open through October.
5. Kansas City Chiefs 5K Run/Walk The run/walk is Saturday morning at Arrowhead Stadium. The inaugural event finishes on the 50 yard line. The race starts at 9 a.m., and participants must register before the race.