KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A new brand of racing takes to the track this weekend at Kansas Speedway, highlighting this weekend's events.
Saturday, Aug. 17:
- The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum is celebrating the inaugural Heart of America Hot Dog Festival, from noon to 9 p.m. at the museum, 1616 E. 18th Street, Kansas City, Mo. More at www.nlbm.com .
- Kansas City residents get their first shot to watch road-course racing with the STP Grand Prix all weekend, starting Saturday, at Kansas Speedway, Kansas City. More at www.kansasspeedway.com .
- Kansas City Mayor Sly James plans to rock the block, from 6-8 p.m., with free food for the first 2,000 attendees, at Crown Center, 30 W. Pershing Road, Kansas City, Mo. More at www.kcmayor.org .
Sunday, Aug. 18:
- Kansas City is known for its barbecue, and the 2nd annual Kansas City Kosher BBQ Competition and Festival, at 4 p.m., gives a new twist on the KC tradition, at The Temple, 12320 Nall, Overland Park, Kan. More at www.kckosherbbq.com .
- 1970s rock band Heart takes the stage, at 7:30 p.m., Sunday at Starlight Theater, 4600 Starlight Road, Kansas City, Mo. More at www.kcstarlight.com .