Chef Silverio Pagano from Friend That Cooks shares his twist on a classic, Northern Italian dish. With a few additions and substitutions, he gives the Sicilian Chicken Piccata some delicious new flavors.
Sicilian Chicken Piccata
4 4 oz. chicken breasts, no skin, no bone, R-T-C
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
4 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups diced fresh tomato
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup capers, chopped
1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
To Taste salt and pepper
1. Place salt and lemon pepper into flour and set aside.
2. Place olive oil onto hot saute pan and sear chicken onto both sides for about 45 seconds on both sides and remove a place onto greased sheet pan.
3. Place into a 350 degree pre-heated oven for about 12 to 14 minutes. Until chicken temperature reaches 165 degree internal temperature.
4. Take heated saute pan add the rest of olive oil to saute pan and saute onions for about 2 minutes and add mushrooms, tomatoes, and capers.
5. At this point add your white wine and chicken stock to de-glaze pan and use your wooden spoon to rub off chicken sear from bottom of pan where all that chicken flavor is and add lemon juice.
6. Add salt and pepper and taste then adjust if needed with seasonings and set aside hot until chicken is ready to serve.
7. Place chicken on plate and serve sauce over and add side vegetable of your choice and enjoy.