Are you looking for a unique pasta dish for summer? Check out Gimme Some Oven's version of Avocado Pesto Pasta. It's healthy, economical and can be tossed with anything from chicken to shrimp to tofu.
Avocado Pesto Pasta Ingredients
- 8 oz. pasta or noodles (I used tagliatelle)
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, reserve some leaves for garnish
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt (or more or less to taste)
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- (optional garnish) extra toasted pine nuts and shaved Parmesan
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta or noodles, and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Immediately after the pasta or noodles are drained, top with the pesto and gently toss until well-coated. Divide pasta among serving bowls and top with toasted pine nuts and shaved Parmesan.
This is great served with grilled shrimp or chicken on top as well.