If preparing a large meal for your family on Thanksgiving sounds a little too stressful, Stroud’s can help. Lane Dougherty, Stroud’s Chief Chicken Cooker talks about how they can help with the Thanksgiving fixin’s.
Stroud’s is offering the following fixin’s for Thanksgiving:
- Mashed potatoes
- Mac & cheese
- Green beans
- Baked beans
- Cranberry fruit salad
- Turkey or chicken gravy
All items are fully cooked and in reheatable containers. Price is $12.99 for a half gallon and $22.99 for one gallon. All orders must be placed by 3 p.m. Wed, Nov. 22 and be picked up between 11:30 & 3:30 Thanksgiving Day. This is available only at the Overland Park and Fairway locations.
Stroud’s Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Marshmallow Recipe
Yields 16 lbs
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
Shelf 3.5 days
- 2 #10 cans sweet potatoes canned, drained
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 lb unsalted butter solid
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Melt the butter and combine with the brown sugar and spices
2. In a clean stainless steel mixing bowl, pour the butter mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss to incorporate – Mashing the sweet potatoes with your hands as you go.
3. Spread the mixture into two shallow 2” metal hotel pan and top with marshmallows.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until hot and the marshmallow are golden brown.