Rekindled Spaces, Leanne Lee, shares her latest upcycle project turning an old tire into an ottoman. Watch the video in the player above for a step by step demonstration.
Old Tire (rim removed)
Twine or Rope (I got mine at the hardware store)
Casters or Furniture Feet (if desired)
Upholstery Tacks (if desired)
Sheet of plywood (Large enough to cut to the size of the tire circumference twice…you will need one for the top and one for the bottom)
Polyurethane or comparable clear sealer
1) Cut plywood to the circumference of the tire. You will need two…One for the top and one for the bottom
2) Screw the plywood to the top of tire. Repeat for bottom
3) If attaching casters or furniture feet, go ahead and screw them into the bottom. Flip over
4) Starting in the top, middle of the plywood, start winding the rope in a circle gluing each section down with the E6000.
5) Keep winding and gluing the rope until you reach the bottom of the tire. Let dry
6) Attach upholstery tacks if desired
7) Seal entire ottoman with clear sealer. Let dry. Repeat.