KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Looking to shed some extra pounds this Halloween?
According to a new study, watching your favorite frightening flick may be all you have to do.
The University of Westminster studied the calories burned by viewers who watched some of the scariest movies ever made.
Researchers found those who watched the 1984 film, The Shining burned 184 calories.
By comparison, that's more than the 113-calories burned during a half-hour walk.
The study also found movies that can make viewers jump were the biggest calorie burners.
The shocking shark attack scenes in Steven Spielberg's Jaws, helped it to the number two spot.
Here's the complete list from The Telegraph , of the of the top 10 calorie-burning scary movies:
1. The Shining: 184 calories
2. Jaws: 161 calories
3. The Exorcis t: 158 calories
4. Alien: 152 calories
5. Saw: 133 calories
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street: 118 calories
7. Paranormal Activity: 111 calories
8. The Blair Witch Project: 105 calories
9. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 107 calories
10. [Rec]: 101 calories
KSHB's Chris Allen contributed to this report.