KANSAS CITY, Mo. - CARAMELIZED SHALLOT BUTTER
Butter, salted 2 Sticks
Shallot, sliced 1/8 inch thick 1 Cup
Butter, Clarified 1 Tbsp
Salt, Kosher 1 tsp
Freshly Cracked Pepper 1 tsp
Fresh Lemon Juice ½ tsp.
White Wine 1 Tbsp
1. Allow the whole butter to soften at room temperature.
2. Warm a sauté pan over high heat. Add the clarified butter, heat to the smoke point, and add the shallots.
3. Caramelize the shallots for two minutes and season with 1 tsp kosher salt.
4. Continue to caramelize the shallots and deglaze with 1 Tbsp of white wine. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
5. Combine shallot mixture and softened butter in a stainless steel mixing bowl and whip to incorporate.
KONA COFFEE RUB
Decaffeinated Kona coffee 1 tsp
Granulated Garlic 1 tsp
Ground black pepper 1 tsp
Seasoning salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Grated parmesan 1 tsp
Dry mustard powder 1 tsp
18 oz Dry Aged Sirloin 1 ea
Coffee Rub 2 Tbsp
Shallot Butter 1 oz
1. Roll the sirloin in the coffee rub pressing upon rub to create a "crust".
2. Grill the sirloin to the desired temperature being careful not to burn the crust.
3. Brush the sirloin with the butter and allow the sirloin to "rest" for 5 minutes
4. Carve the sirloin from the bone, slice it into 9-10 pieces and place it on large platter