Saturday's Powerball jackpot is now the highest jackpot in the game's history.
At $600 million, the game surpassed the previous high -- $587.6 -- won by both the Hill family in Dearborn, Mo., and an Arizona resident.
The largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history was $656 million in the Mega Millions game in March 2012. That was split by three tickets sold in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland.
The Powerball game is played in 43 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. A single ticket costs $2, and the odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 175,223,510.
So where are the luckiest places to buy a ticket on the Missouri side of the metro?
- Red X, 2401 NW Platte Road in Riverside
- QuikTrip, 11101 E. 40 Highway in Independence
- Marsh's Sun Fresh, 4001 Mill St. in Kansas City
- QuikTrip, 4510 NW Gateway Drive in Kansas City
- Hy-Vee, 301 NE Rice Road in Lee's Summit
And the luckiest places to buy a ticket on the Kansas side?
- Hen House, 6900 W. 135th St. in Overland Park
- 7-11, 11724 Quivira Road in Overland Park
- QuikTrip, 555 N. 78th St. in Kansas City, Kan.
- Casey's General Store, 607 N. Webster in Spring Hill
- Lake Stop, 15621 158th St. in Bonner Springs