Widow indicted of conspiring to kill husband with former pastor

INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - A widow has been indicted with conspiring to kill her husband with a former Independence pastor.

Teresa L. Stone, 39, has been indicted with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder. The charge alleges that Teresa Stone conspired with David Love, a former Independence pastor, to murder her husband, Randy Stone.

Friends of Randy Stone, Joann Langley Love and David Love, responded Tuesday to the indictment. (Editor's Note: David Love has same name by coincidence, but Joann Langley Love is Randy Stone's cousin and her husband David Love is a friend)

"We didn't want to believe Teresa was involved but we are not totally shocked either and the whole thing just hurts. It's tough to hear that the children's mom had something to do with Randy's death. He was a good friend," said David Love and his wife Joann Langley Love.

We knocked on Teresa Stone's door Tuesday night but she was not home.

Her neighbor Brenda Borland said, "It was a shock , the whole thing is just a shock."

Randy Stone was found shot to death inside his Farmer's Insurance office on March 31, 2010.

Love presided over Stone's funeral and no one thought anything was suspicious until Love's church, New Hope Baptist Church, was raided. Love resigned and moved to South Carolina to work at a trucking company.

Love has been accused of having an affair with Teresa Stone, one of his church members.

Back in April of 2010 his family talked to us about it.

"From what they understand, both admitted to having an affair that had been going on for about 10 years," said Shelly Bell, Randy's niece. 

Love was arrested in South Carolina in November 2010 in connection to the murder. Authorities brought Love back to Missouri in December where he faces charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action.

Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said that the conspiracy charge against Teresa Stone is a Class B felony which carries a maximum punishment of between five and 15 years in prison. Teresa Stone surrendered herself to authorities Tuesday afternoon and was released after posting a $50,000.

Love remains in custody awaiting trial.



Print this article Back to Top