KANSAS CITY - The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released a list of the average hospital procedure costs, and the prices varied drastically among Kansas City area hospitals.
One of the most glaring comparisons is the cost of services for chest pain.
Average cost for treating chest pain, before insurance:
- Truman Medical Center: $8,188.08
- St. Joseph Health Center: $12,671.92
- Kansas University Hospital: $16,468.04
- Olathe Medical Center: $16,904
- St. Luke's Hospital (Plaza): $20,523.22
- Shawnee Mission Medical Center: $21,252
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center: $38,023.52
Compare other hospitals and other procedures by visiting www.cms.gov