VIRGINIA - After a Virginia woman was bit by a copperhead snake, it wasn't the bite that hurt her the most, it was what she received afterwards that really stung.
Jules Weiss was walking to her car when a snake bit her, causing her foot to swell and turn blue.
She went straight to the emergency room, but when she got the bill, she realized her life-saving treatment would cost her $55,000.
"I guess they do have some flexibility with it, but I will be looking into getting financial assistance," Weiss said.
Since Weiss doesn't have medical insurance, she's responsible for the entire amount.
The hospital says it costs them $40,000 or more just to stock the anti-venom.