Fire victim: More could have been saved

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Kansas City homeowner says his clothes, furniture and other belongings could have been saved from a burning home if there had been a fire hydrant nearby.

John Priest was sound asleep in his house when it caught fire around 2 a.m. Saturday.

This happened in the 2600 block of Stark.

Priest said when firefighters arrived -- they began spraying water from their trucks onto the home.

However, when they lost pressure, the firefighters looked for the closest fire hydrant and found that it was at least a block away.

Priest said the fire started in the grill, which they used last night.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments