Lincoln Preparatory Academy evacuated by smell of natural gas in building

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Kansas City high school was evacuated late Thursday morning because of the smell of natural gas in the building.

Staff at Lincoln Preparatory Academy, 2111 Woodland, removed students from the building just before noon.

By 12:25 p.m., authorities on scene said students were returning to class.

Somebody working on the roof of the building hit something that omitted the smell of natural gas into several of the classrooms.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments