Firefighters rescue 3-year-old from smoke-filled apartment

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City firefighters rescued a 3-year-old child from a burning apartment Thursday.

The fire broke out just before noon at the Ruskin Place Apartments at 113th and Blue Ridge Boulevard in south Kansas City.

A fire department spokesperson said crews found smoke pouring from the lower level apartment.

Crews went inside and found the child, who was was taken by ambulance to Children's Mercy Hospital.

There currently is no word on the severity of injuries. Fire investigators are trying to find out what sparked the fire.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments