1. WINTER STORM LASHES NORTHEAST
After dumping record snow in Arkansas and causing blizzard conditions across the Midwest, the storm headed to New England.
2. OBAMA RETURNS DAYS BEFORE `FISCAL CLIFF' DEADLINE
But no new negotiations are scheduled to avert deep spending cuts and higher taxes.
3. A $1B PLUS SETTLEMENT FOR TOYOTA DRIVERS
The agreement over acceleration problems with the Prius is one of the largest in U.S. history.
4. AN AILING FORMER PRESIDENT
George H.W. Bush is in intensive care at a Houston hospital, where his fever has worsened and doctors have put him on a liquid diet.
5. A MAP OF GUN OWNERS DRAWS FIRE
A New York City-area newspaper's publication of permit owners' names and addresses sparked outrage about privacy.
6. WHO HAWAII'S NEW SENATOR WILL BE
Brian Schatz, Hawaii's lieutenant governor, was appointed to succeed the late Sen. Daniel Inouye.
7. WHAT STARBUCKS IS DOING TO AVERT THE `FISCAL CLIFF'
Employees in Washington, D.C., are writing "Come Together" on cups to send lawmakers a message.
8. RUSSIA, ENVOY PUSH TRANSITIONAL GOVERNMENT IN SYRIA
Lakhdar Brahimi wants to revive a long-shelved peace plan that never took effect.
9. WHY ZUCKERBERG'S SISTER SAYS HER FACEBOOK PHOTO WENT TOO FAR
Randi Zuckerberg tweeted her objection when a marketing director posted a family picture that came up on her Facebook news feed to thousands.
10. HOMELESS IN THE HAMPTONS
Churches shelter about 50 people a night who say they grew up in the exclusive waterfront communities, but can't make ends meet.