AUGUST 04: Oscar Pistorius of South Africa competes in the Men's 400m Round 1 heat on Day 8 of the 2012 London Olympic Games.
1. GUN RESTRICTIONS MOVE FORWARD IN COLORADO
House lawmakers in the state approve new ammunition limits, universal background checks. The Senate still needs to consider the proposals.
2. "HE'S BACK!"
Hugo Chavez returns to Venezuela, but questions remain about the president's health following cancer treatment in Cuba.
3. DISTANCING THEMSELVES FROM SPRINTER
Oakley and Nike won't be using Oscar Pistorius in any new ads, in light of the murder charge he faces.
4. WHAT SPARKED CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIP FIRE
A leak in a fuel oil return line caused the engine-room blaze that disabled the vessel at sea, the Coast Guard says.
5. WHERE ARE THE SNOWS OF YESTERYEAR?
New studies suggest that climate change is leading to less overall snowfall in the Northern Hemisphere, but major blizzards may strike more often.
6. DEATH OF 3-YEAR-OLD IN TEXAS INVESTIGATED
Russia cites the death as "yet another case of inhuman treatment of a Russian child adopted by American parents."
7. ZERO TOLERANCE, OR ZERO SENSE
Kids' suspensions from schools over imaginary weapons renew debate over the line between innocent and threatening behavior.
8. ROUND-THE-WORLD CYCLING ODYSSEY ENDS IN TRAGEDY
A British couple who had blogged their journey died when they were hit by a pickup truck in Thailand.
9. WHY THE SUPREME COURT WILL DISCUSS SOYBEANS
A 75-year-old farmer figured out a way to benefit from soybeans that are resistant to weed-killers, triggering a patent fight.
10. DANICA PATRICK READIES FOR EVEN MORE SPOTLIGHT
The face of auto racing to many casual fans is now going to be the face of NASCAR every day this week leading into Sunday's season-opening Daytona 500.