Lindsey Vonn of the USA celebrates after taking 1st place during the Audi FIS Alpine Ski World Cup Women's Giant Slalom on January 26, 2013 in Maribor, Slovenia.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. SOUTH PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE THREATENS ISLANDS
The 8.0 quake generated a tsunami that killed at least four people and damaged dozens of homes on the Solomon Islands.
2. A PAINFUL END TO LINDSEY VONN'S SEASON
She tears two ligaments in her knee and breaks her lower leg on a hard landing.
3. BOY SCOUTS TO LOOK AT GAY BAN
The group's executive board meets today after signaling it would let troops decide whether to allow gay members.
4. CIA NOMINEE TO TAKE TOUCH QUESTIONS ON DRONES, TORTURE
The AP's Kimberly Dozier reports John Brennan did not raise early objections to waterboarding in meetings about an al-Qaida operative's capture.
5. BOMBS FOUND IN ALABAMA BUNKER
The FBI found the explosives in a pipe used to communicate with authorities from underground, where Jimmy Lee Dykes held a 5-year-old hostage.
6. MORSI ROLLS OUT WELCOME MAT FOR AHMADINEJAD
A visit to Egypt by an Iranian leader would have been unthinkable under Mubarak, who shared Washington's suspicion of Tehran.
7. SIX SPANISH TOURISTS RAPED IN MEXICAN RESORT
Armed masked men broke into a house in Acapulco, a resort where violence has rarely touched visitors.
8. WHY TURNAROUND TRY IS PERSONAL FOR DELL FOUNDER
A $24.4B stock buyout could give Michael Dell -- the Zuckerberg of his day -- a chance to prove himself again.
9. A NEW NAME FOR BUDWEISER CLYDESDALE
After more than 60,000 votes, fans chose to name the foal in the inspiring Super Bowl ad Hope.
10. SHOE, IRON OR WHEELBARROW ON MONOPOLY CHOPPING BLOCK
Hasbro will announce this morning which of the eight tokens are being cut from the classic game and introduce a new one.