FLAGSTAFF, AZ - A fast-food employee has been fired after a razor blade was found in a customer's salad at a restaurant in northern Arizona.
Jeta Cmuar left a message on our ABC15 Facebook page and said her sister-in-law, Jennifer Ashley, found a razor blade in a salad she ordered June 11 at the Burger King off S. Milton Road in Flagstaff.
"I think there should be an alert on this because someone could have been seriously hurt or even killed. I'm just so thankful that my family member wasn't hurt," she said in the message.
Burger King released a statement Thursday evening saying that food safety is a top priority at all locations and that razor blades are not permitted in or near food prep areas.
"While this was an unintentional isolated incident, BKC finds this matter of extreme importance and is working with the franchisee, who independently owns and operates this restaurant, to reinforce our food preparation procedures and retrain staff," the statement said.
Burger King said the franchisee reportedly took immediate action, even terminating the employee responsible.