Two dead in apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Kansas City, Kan.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. - A man and his sister are dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Kansas City, Kan., authorities said.

Authorities were called about 5:30 p.m. to a home in the 5100 block of Kimball on an unspecified medical call, a KCK Fire Department spokesman said.

Emergency crews found the 58-year-old man and his 69-year-old sister dead in the house in separate rooms.

Authorities found a gasoline-powered generator in a basement garage that was being used to power the house because electricity had gone out, the fire department spokesman said.

A firefighter was treated on the scene for high CO levels, but returned to duty without being hospitalized, according to a fire department news release.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments