Three Olathe houses evacuated by gas smell

OLATHE, Kan. - Firefighters have evacuated three Johnson County homes because of the smell of gas inside a home where a fire was reported.

Authorities were called about 6:30 a.m. to a home in the 1700 block of W. Normandy on a fire.

The blaze was quickly extinguished, but crews smelled gas and ordered the evacuation of the house and two neighboring homes.

There were no immediate reports of any injuries or sicknesses. We'll post more information here as it becomes available.
 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments