Family members say they still haven't heard from Aisha Khan

19-year-old student is safe, police & family say

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Even though they still haven't had a chance to speak to her, Aisha Kahn's family is just glad she's safe despite the questions swirling around her disappearance.

Her sister Faiza says as of Thursday morning, the family still hadn't been able to get in contact with the 19-year-old Johnson County College Student feared missing for almost a week.

Kahn's family grew very concerned when Aisha left her sister a voicemail complaining a stranger had approached her and assaulted her on campus Friday morning. When her sister went to get her, only Aisha's cell phone and book bag could be found.

Police started a massive search with officers on horseback and also interviewed students on campus. The family and volunteers spread missing flyers around a 15-mile radius.

It wasn't until late Wednesday night that police contacted the Kahn family to let them know Aisha was safe.

Overland Park police are only saying that they confirmed Aisha's identity and her safety. They are not releasing Aisha's whereabouts, how they discovered she was safe or any possible reason for her disappearance, only that she was not abducted or ever held against her will.

Members of the Overland Park police department are working to total the man hours and money spent on Aisha's search but insist the case is closed.

"No criminal actions have been found in this case," Officer Michelle Koos said. "I remind you that it was officials on campus that called police, not the family."

Overland Park Police Chief John Douglass posted the following on his blog Thursday;

"I know there are probably a lot of unanswered questions regarding Aisha Khan. The most important fact for us all to remember is that she is safe. Everything else is now a personal family matter and we respect their privacy. Law enforcement officials were able to find, identify, and verify last night that she was not abducted and that no crime occurred. I want to thank everyone who dedicated their time and effort to this case. In the end, one that was missing has now been found. "

Print this article Back to Top