Harrisonville High School evacuated because of smell of smoke in classroom

HARRISONVILLE, Mo. - Students and staff were evacuated from Harrisonville High School because of the smell of smoke in a classroom, a district spokesperson said.

Children were taken to the nearby Cass Career Center a little before 10 a.m. while fire and other emergency personnel investigated what happened.

A search of the building found no fire, according to the district. The smoky smell was likely caused by some wiring that has been fixed.

Students were moved back into the high school by about 10:45 a.m.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments