Independence children recovering from smoke inhalation after house fire

Independence, Mo. - Three Independence Children who suffered smoke inhalation in a house fire were given the okay today by their doctor.

Their mother, Christina Johnson woke up to the smell of smoke on Dec. 3 at their home near East 44th Terrace and South Osage. Johnson said she grabbed  2-year-old Logan and 4-year-old Tommy from their room and took them across the street to a neighbor's house.

By the time she went to go back for her other daughter, a firefighter had rescued 3-year-old Savannah who was sleeping in another room. No one suffered any burns, but the children did suffer smoke inhalation.

The family lost about 90 percent of everything they own in the fire.

If you would like to help the Johnson family, you can call River Church in Raytown at 816-356-7400.

Print this article Back to Top

Web Content Display is temporarily unavailable.
Comments